This post was last updated on December 6th, 2017 at 01:46 pm
A few months ago, I went along with my blogger friend Karen to attend Megu Doha‘s new menu launch. For my first visit, I truly enjoyed it! Megu Doha was generous enough to give us a complimentary lunch or dinner for two, to further try out what their restaurant can fully offer.
恵み (pronounced as MEGUmi) means “blessing” in Nihongo / Japanese. It first opened in New York City, then the brand expanded internationally to Gstaad, New Delhi, Moscow, and here in Doha, situated in a posh setting at the iconic The Pearl Qatar.
After alighting the lift, as we walked into the restaurant, “Irasshaimase!” (いらっしゃいませ！) was uttered in unison by all the staff. Brought me back to when I traveled Japan.
The main dining room is set well-padded and comfortable. They also offer private dining rooms for special occasions.
The Megu experience has always been known as over the top, provides outstanding food, brilliant design and first class service.
What we ordered:
- These dishes are meant to be shared at the table.
- Having visited Japan twice this year, Megu by far serves ramen closest to the authentic taste. It's legit! 🙂
- A selection of stone grill items, we went with the following:
- It's quite often you find a good quality and fresh sashimis in Qatar. These sashimis are like the ones I tried in Tsukiji Market (築地市場, Tsukiji shijō) in Tokyo, Japan. The quality was exceptional!
- This is a delicious ebi tempura and avocado rolled in crunchy tempura flakes topped with teriyaki and unagi sauce, are all packed with various ingredients whose textures complement each other.
- The desserts didn't disappoint as well. Being a matcha lover, of course I left some space to try the Green tea Crème Brulee and Green tea cheesecake. Green tea goodness!
Alcohol has been restricted in restaurants at The Pearl since 2011, that brought impact to Megu. Despite of the ban, I’m glad they still re-opened as it is hard to find an authentic Japanese restaurant here in Qatar despite the rising of Japanese cuisine over the last few years. Megu deserves a long run, competing as it does with the others.
For more details on what the restaurant offers, click:
Megu Doha menu
Weekdays – 12PM – 2:30PM / 7PM – 11:30PM
Weekends – 12PM – 11:30PM